Doctor insights on:
Can Pink Eye Survive Long Without A Host
Usually 2-3 weeks: Pink eye or viral conjunctivitis is usually an acute condition caused by adenovirus (like the common cold). Most cases will resolve in a few weeks but some can be prolonged. There are many other causes of conjunctivitis so any additional or more severe symptoms should be examined by your eye doctor. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
As fast as a cold: "pink eye" generally describes an eye infection caused by the common cold virus. It is the same disease, just infecting a different part of the body. Similarly to the common cold, it is contagious, and typically starts within hours to a few days after contact with an infected person. Once the virus takes hold on the eye, it can last between 7-14 days, or longer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Till it's over: Your doctor should instruct you to stop wearing your contact lenses until your pink eye has completely resolved. Whether viral or bacterial, the critters causing your pink eye can survive on your contacts and reinfect you. Better yet, throw out that pair and start a fresh pair after your pink eye has resolved. But don't start wearing contact lenses again until after your pink eye has resolved. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can a terminally ill cancer patient survive without eating for how long?
- How long can i wait with eye pain to see if it goes away without seeing a doctor?
- How long can a human being survive without water?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can a person survive without sleep?
- How long can a person survive without food and water?
- How long can a person survive without food or water?
- How long can a human being survive without sleep?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free