Doctor insights on:
Can Piano Practice Lead To Carpal Tunnel
Entrapment of the median nerve at the wrist is how we describe carpal tunnel. There are 8 carpal bones, but the hamate and pisiform form the ulnar side. The trapezium and scaphoid for the radial side. Flex the 3rd digit and look at the palmar hand side. The long flexor's tendon will be visible, the median n is just to its thumb side. Wrist flexion or extension can irritate ...Read more
I'm assuming: You're talking about the hand gripper that you find sporting good stores. I don't think this single thing leads to carpal tunnel I do think that if you have carpet tunnel mouth case and you do too much of anything that's repetitive you can make the carpal thompson feel worse of times in addition carpal tunnels often progressive problem so sometimes it's just seems that the activity makes it worse but it just gets worse anyway if you don't have carpal tall symptom symptoms now that i wouldn't worry about using a hand gripper. ...Read more
Yes: The nerve that gets pinched in your wrist is the median nerve causing carpal tunnel syndrome. This nerve originates from the cervial spinal cord, passes through the shoulder area and into the arm and forearm. If there is irritation or swelling in the shoulder area it can irritate the nerve causing cts. An EMG always helps diagnose where the nerve problem is. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
1) can extended cane use, especially wooden curved grip, lead to carpal tunnel syndrome? 1) can extended cane use, especially wooden curved grip, lead to carpal tunnel syndrome?
2) can putting all of your weight on one leg lead to joint problems in the k
1. : 1. Unlikley 2. Perhaps.Get a more detailed answer ›
CTS: Perhaps, but prove that you caused it and not from something else it..Thus the problem need a huge randomized blinded study or huge multifactorial longitudinal study to figure it out. Most musicians have a ong history of proper mechanics and posture and don't typically cause carpal tunnel, just happen to get it like everyone else. We all use our hands. Thus hand activity of one type is common. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Most who play piano : Do not get carpal tunnel. I think it is because most learn proper mechanics and technique. Centruries of piano players have helped refine what i needed to be successful. While one can develop carpal tunnel and be someone who plays piano , piano is likley not the cause. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Post carpal tunnel surgery, can a follow-up nerve conduction study (ncs) have adverse effects or make the hand worse. Can ncs lead to complex regional pain syndrome?
Not really ; Ditto: Although I am not sure why a follow-up nerve conduction study would be necessary there is little chance that could cause any type of harm or worsening of symptoms. I am unaware of any literature that supports the notion of complex regional pain syndrome as a result of a nerve conduction study. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take motrin to help with my carpal tunnel syndrome?
- When can i go back to work after carpal tunnel surgery
- When can i go back to work from carpal tunnel surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can excessive sex lead to an inguinal hernia in a male or female?
- Freq masturbation can it cause or worsen carpal tunnel in men or women
- Is it normal for my fingers to feel numb after carpal tunnel surgery?
- Can an ovarian cyst lead to weight gain how much?
- Talk to a hand surgeon online for free