Doctor insights on:
Can Piano Practice Lead To Carpal Tunnel
The carpal tunnel is formed by the bones, tissues, and ligaments of the wrist. This tunnel exists to protect the median nerve, which controls sensations and movement to the thumb and fingers (not including the little finger). Carpal tunnel syndrome is when the carpal tunnel is inflamed and swollen, which pinches the median nerve and results in feelings of numbness, decreased grip strength, and muscle ...Read more
I'm assuming: You're talking about the hand gripper that you find sporting good stores. I don't think this single thing leads to carpal tunnel I do think that if you have carpet tunnel mouth case and you do too much of anything that's repetitive you can make the carpal thompson feel worse of times in addition carpal tunnels often progressive problem so sometimes it's just seems that the activity makes it worse but it just gets worse anyway if you don't have carpal tall symptom symptoms now that i wouldn't worry about using a hand gripper. ...Read more
Yes: The nerve that gets pinched in your wrist is the median nerve causing carpal tunnel syndrome. This nerve originates from the cervial spinal cord, passes through the shoulder area and into the arm and forearm. If there is irritation or swelling in the shoulder area it can irritate the nerve causing cts. An EMG always helps diagnose where the nerve problem is. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
1) can extended cane use, especially wooden curved grip, lead to carpal tunnel syndrome? 1) can extended cane use, especially wooden curved grip, lead to carpal tunnel syndrome?
2) can putting all of your weight on one leg lead to joint problems in the k
1. : 1. Unlikley 2. Perhaps.Get a more detailed answer ›
CTS: Perhaps, but prove that you caused it and not from something else it..Thus the problem need a huge randomized blinded study or huge multifactorial longitudinal study to figure it out. Most musicians have a ong history of proper mechanics and posture and don't typically cause carpal tunnel, just happen to get it like everyone else. We all use our hands. Thus hand activity of one type is common. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Most who play piano : Do not get carpal tunnel. I think it is because most learn proper mechanics and technique. Centruries of piano players have helped refine what i needed to be successful. While one can develop carpal tunnel and be someone who plays piano , piano is likley not the cause. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can carpal tunnel be caused by trauma?
- Can exercises cause carpal tunnel?
- Can carpal tunnel affect your shoulder?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get carpal tunnel in your elbow?
- Can you get carpal tunnel in your shoulder?
- Can you die from carpal tunnel syndrome?
- Can you get carpal tunnel in your fingers?
- Talk to a hand surgeon online for free