Doctor insights on:
Can Pepto Bismol Cause Constipation
Yes, yes: Bismuth, the main ingredient in pepto bismol, will turn the stools black transiently and may lead to temporary constipation. Ifr the black stools continue days after use of pepto, you need to see a GI doctor to be evaluated for an upper GI source of bleeding from your stomach which will also cause the stools to be black. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: The commonest side effects from pepto are black stool, black tongue, constipation and - if really overdone - tinnitus (ringing in the ears). Of course you are taking the pepto short-term for soemthing; if you feel the need to continue it for more than 2 weeks you should see your md. ...Read more
Nuclear bone scan: can pepto bismol cause false positive results? False negative results? How likely @ just normal dose pepto (~1000 mg over 2 hours)?
can interfere: Do not take any medications with bismuth, such as pepto-bismol, for four days before the scheduled scan.Barium and bismuth can interfere with test results.These metals interfere with results of scan by absorbing some of gamma rays from radio tracer causing artifacts. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can pepto bismol cause me to have black stools as well as constipation?
- Does pepto bismol cause constipation?
- Pepto-bismol and diarrhea
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can pepto bismol cause black tongue?
- Will pepto bismol cause constipation
- Pepto bismol causes constipation
- Can pepto bismol help c diff?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online