Doctor insights on:
Can People Without Symptoms Spread Mono
Very mild to none: At that age, they can have enlarged lymph nodes & spleen, or just fever & malaise. If your Mono Spot Test was positive, your doctor may draw one on your child if he has a febrile illness for a week or more. Try not to share saliva with your child or sneeze around him. ...Read more
Symptoms: Mononucleosis presents with swollen tonsils that may have white to yellow exudates, skin rash, enlarged lymph nodes on the front ; back of your neck and enlarged spleen ;/or liver. Your white blood cell will be elevated. A monospot test will show - or + for mono ; antibody titers can distinguish btwn old vs new infection. ...Read more
Mono test vs syndrom: Mono is a lay term for an illness most often (80%) caused by the EB virus. The office test may be falsely negative early in the illness. There are other viruses and infections (20%) that can cause the monocytes to show up in high numbers in the blood, with a vague flu like illness that is similar to mono. Defining the cause of a non EB virus mono is difficult and would require specialty lab. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you spread mono?
- Can you get mono without kissing?
- Can you get mono without tonsils?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you have mono without a fever?
- Can i spread hpv without warts?
- Can you spread hpv without warts?
- Can oral herpes be spread without an outbreak?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online