Doctor insights on:
Can People Recieve Disability For Foot Drop
Depends on cause: If there is an underlying cause, such as a pinched nerve in the back or at the knee, then it should be addressed. Once that is done, additional treatment is supportive, with physical therapy and bracing as necessary to preserve mobility and function. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Initial steps: Would consider MRI of lumbar spines to R/O disc compression of L-5 nerve root, EMG to distinguish compression of sciatic or peroneal nerves, and based upon results perhaps series of blood studies looking for causation. However, involvement of spinal cord or brain, for example Multiple Sclerosis, could also present this way, and MRI imaging would guide the way. ...Read more
Foot drop help: There are wonderful carbon fiber shoe inserts that have a single strut that winds around up to your calf and really help pick your toes up. If you have charcot marie tooth, then this brace may be something you will need in increasing frequency in the future. Surgical tendon transfers to hold the foot up generally work well once healed. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Exercise for people with foot drop
- Can lupus cause drop foot?
- Can zinc cause foot drop?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a concussion be dangerous months after you recieved it?
- Can i play sports with a dropped foot?
- What exercises can i do for the drop foot?
- Foot drop
- Talk to a physical medicine and rehab specialist online for free