Doctor insights on:
Can Paresthesia Be Caused By Hypothyroidism
Two possibilities: Paresthesia can result from trauma to the nerves serving the affected area. If there is something putting pressure on the nerve, sometimes removal of the offending object can relieve the paresthesia. Other times, the cause of the paresthesia may not be evident and may be the result of just disturbing the nerve (eg. Nearby extraction). In such cases, the passage of time will usually relieve the it. ...Read more
Hypothyroidism is also known as Underactive thyroid. Level, which can cause fatigue increased sensitivity to cold constipation dry skin unexplained weight gain puffy face hoarseness muscle weakness elevated blood cholesterol level muscle aches, tenderness and stiffness pain, stiffness or swelling in your joints heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods thinning hair slowed heart ...Read more
I have a cat and I have a hypothyroid! i heard from some people that cats my cause it ! is it true?
Myths: This would be a false myth with no truth to it. ...Read more
Metabolism slows: You start burning much fewer calories and the weight adds up. ...Read more
Myxedema: Check out http://www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/pmc/articles/pmc3219173/ re effects of thyroid on skin. Also check out http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/myxedema for info re myxedema which is described as thickening of skin associated w/hypothyroidism. This should improve once hypothyroidism is treated. Go see your family doctor for testing & treatment. ...Read more
The thyroid makes thyroid hormone, the main one is t4, which is converted in other tissues to t3. An underactive thyroid makes too little thyroid hormone. You feel sluggish, bloated, constipated, cold. It is treated by taking replacement hormone levothyroxine. The thyroid also makes calcitonin, which is involved in calcium metabolism, but it is a weak hormone in ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a swollen tongue be caused by hypothyroidism?
- Can decreased peripheral vision be caused by hypothyroidism?
- Can pityriasis rosea be caused by stress?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can boils and other bacteri infections be caused by drug use as meth?
- Can optic neuritis be caused by stress?
- Can an itchy scalp be caused by a thyroid problem?
- Can irregular heart beats be caused by gastric problems?
- Talk to a neurologist online