Doctor insights on:
Can Ovarian Cyst Cause A Positive Pregnancy Test
No: Blood or urine pregnancy test is often performed in premenopausal women who have an ovarian cyst. Ovarian cysts are common during pregnancy, but ovarian cysts are not known to cause a false-positive test. False-positive pregnancy tests are rare, with only a handful of possible causes. ...Read more
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
I have ovarian cyst & pregnancy symptoms, but got a positive pregnancy test at the doctor. I read an ovarian cyst can mimic pregnancy. Is this true?
Yes, but rare: Only one type of cyst can cause a false pregnancy test. This is a tumor that can release hCG. It is very rare and is very unlikely causing your pregnancy test to be positive. If the false positive is blood related then this could be due to antibodies in your blood interfering with the test. If this is true then the urine test will be negative since the antibodies can't be urinated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'm 17, took a pregnancy test, came out positive, not sure if its a false positive due to me having had an ovarian cyst, that may still be there?
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can an ovarian cyst cause a positive pregnancy test?
- Can ovarian cancer cause a positive pregnancy test?
- Can an ovarian cyst cause negative pregnancy test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will ovarian cysts give false positive on pregnancy test
- Can ovarian cysts cause a false negative pregnancy test?
- Can ovarian cysts cause false negative pregnancy test?
- Can ovarian cyst cause false negative on pregnancy test?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free