Doctor insights on:
Can Ovarian Cycst Cause False Negative On Pregnancy Test
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Yes, but rare: Only one type of cyst can cause a false pregnancy test. This is a tumor that can release hCG. It is very rare and is very unlikely causing your pregnancy test to be positive. If the false positive is blood related then this could be due to antibodies in your blood interfering with the test. If this is true then the urine test will be negative since the antibodies can't be urinated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Blood or urine pregnancy test is often performed in premenopausal women who have an ovarian cyst. Ovarian cysts are common during pregnancy, but ovarian cysts are not known to cause a false-positive test. False-positive pregnancy tests are rare, with only a handful of possible causes. ...Read more
Can ovarian cyst cause a false pregnancy test on home test and in blood test in hospital? im really hoping im pregnant .
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can ovarian cysts cause a false negative pregnancy test?
- Can ovarian cysts cause false negative pregnancy test?
- Can ovarian cyst cause false negative on pregnancy test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can anything cause a false negative pregnancy test?
- What can cause a false negative on pregnancy test?
- Things that can cause a false negative pregnancy test
- What can cause false negative pregnancy test?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free