Doctor insights on:
Getting Pregnant After A Thyroidectomy
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
I had a total thyroidectomy in 2009 due to cancer. I have been trying to get pregnant but unsuccessful. Is it possible I don't ovulate due to that?
Following total thyroidectomy for thyroid cancer, I am on 150mcg of thyroxine, to suppress my tsh. (0.03) could this be why i can't get pregnant?
I had a total thyroidectomy in january. Recently my pap test came back with agus cells, so i had a colposcopy & biopsy. Is pregnancy still possible?
Yes indeed: Congratulations on your focus both on getting good health care and your desire to become a mother. The biopsy results will determine whether there's anything in the endocervix that needs to be treated -- chances of a lesion requiring hysterectomy producing only "agus" are low. Be sure to maintain your thyroid medication through your pregnancy. ...Read more
Hi I am 27 years old and 8 months pregnant. I currently suffer from hypothyroidism, hypoparathyroidism(after thyroidectomy) and right now my potassium?
Need more info: Please, provide more info regarding your condition so we can properly address your question. ...Read more
I am 18 had a total thyroidectomy a year and half ago i'm pregnant now 5 monthes what should my concerns be?
How would pregnancy symptoms differ after a total thyroidectomy? Will I be more sick, fatigued, etc.
Not much: Tsh, fsh, and lh all share a common "arm" as hormones produced by the pituitary gland. However, while there is some cross reactivity, pregnancy is much more complex than just a thyroid hormone alteration. You will still need to be on replacement (synthyroid) therapy, but it will not affect your pregnancy per se. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you still get pregnant after a partial hysterectomy?
- Can you still get pregnant after a miscarriage?
- Can i still get pregnant a day after ovulation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a woman still get pregnant after a hysterectomy?
- Can i still get pregnant after a miscarriage?
- Can a girl get pregnant if she has her period the day after unprotected sex?
- After you get a chlamydia shot can you still pass it on
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online