Doctor insights on:
Can Other Meds Be Taken To Counteract The Side Effects Of Hormone Therapy
A hormone (from greek ὁρμή, "impetus") is a chemical released by a cell or a gland in one part of the body that sends out messages that affect cells in other parts of the organism. Only a little amount of hormone is required to alter cell metabolism. In essence, it is a chemical messenger that transports a signal from ...Read more
No: Most women don't take hormones. It's fine not to treat the symptoms of menopause. Hot flashes will eventually go away. Some symptoms, like vaginal dryness will persist, but there are other ways to deal with that, or some women use hormone creams or rings that don't carry the risks of oral or patch-delivered hormones. ...Read more
If i live beyond 5 years with bone only metastatic breast cancer, how long can the hormone therapy be taken?
See 1 more doctor answer
What should I do if the birth control pills i take, for hormone therapy, is causing my breast to be sore and hurt.? I only been taken pills for 3 days
Hormone therapy: Give it a few more days for your body to get used to the hormones. If not better in a week return to your doctor for reevaluation. ...Read more
Exogenous hormones: Any hormone given from externally (body not being able to make it enough for its own need, or as a form of medication to achieve certain goal) comes under this category. Estrogen in menopause; thyroxine for hypothyroidism, Insulin in dm are all in this category; so are hormones in cancer treatments. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Any hormone given from externally (body not being able to make it enough for its own need, or as a form of medication to achieve certain goal) comes under this category. Estrogen in menopause; thyroxine for hypothyroidism, Insulin in dm are all in this category; so are ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to counteract the side effects of niacin?
- How to counteract the side effects of prozac supplements?
- How to counteract the acne side effects of vyvanse?
- Whats the maximum dose of oxynorm that can be taken?
- The left side of one of my breasts is sore to the touch should i be concerned
- What can be side effects of taking too much concerta?
- Pain in left side of my jaw what can be done to relieve pain
- What could this tailbone pain that radiates to the left side of my rear be?
- Talk to a reproductive endocrinologist online for free