Doctor insights on:
Can Orthopedic Cast Make You Lose Weight
Many people resolve to lose weight in the New Year for different reasons. For those who are overweight or obese, there are many health benefits to losing weight. It can help decrease your chances of developing diseases including diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, and even certain types of cancer. Low-calorie diets combined with increased physical activity are thought to be most effective long term. The healthiest weight loss regimen, therefore, is one that consists of making lifestyle changes that incorporate a balanced diet ...Read more
Yes but no water!: It is ok to splatter paint on the cast but remember, you can't get it wet or submerge it in water. Do not apply any paint remover. Also, never stick anything inside the cast. If you have an itch, try blowing cool air from a hair dryer into the cast or tap the area with a wooden spoon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: The cast can be either walking or non-walking cast. If the cast is non-walking, it is not meant to have weight born upon it, and doing so will damage the cast. Additionally, if the orthopod has done surgery, you will want to wait until the surgery or fracture heals enough that the doctor is comfortable with you walking on it. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Sure it can: However, sometimes bony prominences if not well padded can hurt, similiarly, certain nerves can be compressed. So, if the pain is persistant and doesn't go away don't be afraid to call your doc and just let them know what is going on. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can cranberry juice make you lose weight?
- Can fresh grapefruits make you lose weight?
- Can yoga make you lose weight?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can make you lose weight fast?
- What can make you lose weight?
- Food that can make you lose weight fast
- Can frozen yogurt make you lose weight?
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free