Doctor insights on:
Can Orthopedic Cast Make You Lose Weight
Many people resolve to lose weight in the New Year for different reasons. For those who are overweight or obese, there are many health benefits to losing weight. It can help decrease your chances of developing diseases including diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, and even certain types of cancer. Low-calorie diets combined with increased physical activity are thought to be most effective long term. The healthiest weight loss regimen, therefore, is one that consists of making lifestyle changes that incorporate a balanced diet ...Read more
Depends: The cast can be either walking or non-walking cast. If the cast is non-walking, it is not meant to have weight born upon it, and doing so will damage the cast. Additionally, if the orthopod has done surgery, you will want to wait until the surgery or fracture heals enough that the doctor is comfortable with you walking on it. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes but no water!: It is ok to splatter paint on the cast but remember, you can't get it wet or submerge it in water. Do not apply any paint remover. Also, never stick anything inside the cast. If you have an itch, try blowing cool air from a hair dryer into the cast or tap the area with a wooden spoon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I broke my fibula bone and and wearing a plaster orthopedic cast. Is it normal to have ankle pain?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can having too many bowel movements make you lose weight?
- Can taking castor oil make you lose weight?
- Can taking cinnamon and cayenne pepper make you lose weight?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can drinking milk of magnesia make you lose weight?
- Can your gallbladder make you lose weight?
- Can drinking magnesium citrate make you lose weight?
- How quickly can orlistat make you lose weight?
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free