Doctor insights on:
Can Oral Sex Transmit Hpv
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) is the most common sexually transmitted infection. There are over 100 different types of HPV that causes warts in different areas of the body. HPV is incredibly common and almost all sexually active men and women get it during their lifetime. Most of the time HPV does not cause any symptoms or complications. However, A limited number of these HPV viruses are pathogenic and if not monitored carefully can be responsible for causing cervical and penile cancer. Some of these viruses have been ...Read more
Yes, but...: Nobody knows the degree of risk because there are too many unknowns, such as: does the other person have the virus, how much virus does she have, what exactly is oral sex for that couple, how many total minutes of exposure per episode, how many episodes, how much total virus gets into the guy's mouth, etc., etc... So, in life, if a person is a "worrier", he has to play it safe and not do stuff. ...Read more
Unknown but low risk: Oral HPV infections can occur -- on average, they are roughly one tenth as frequent as genital infections. For the most part, oral sex can be considered low risk for HPV, but not zero risk. There are no data on the transmission chance for any single oral sex event, but I would guess it's a lot lower than 1 in a thousand (in either direction, i.e. genital to oral or vice versa). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you transmit hpv through oral?
- Stds easiest to transmit by oral sex
- I have hpv can i pass it to my partner by oral sex
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you transmit oral herpes to genital?
- Can i transmit hepatitis c by having sex?
- Can hpv be passed orally?
- Can hpv be transferred orally?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free