Doctor insights on:
Can Oral Herpes Be Passed Through Regular Intercourse
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
Supposing someone has oral herpes and not genital herpes. Can they still transmit it through intercourse?
I have HSV 1. If I perform oral sex on a woman and she becomes infected and then we have intercourse can I then get genital herpes?
No: Hsv 1 is generally considered to be the oral herpes, but as you note it can be transmitted to the genitals of your partner via oral sex. You can not infect yourself with your own herpes virus - and it can not be transmitted back to you from your partner. While your immune system is not able to rid you of the herpes virus, it is quite competent to prevent spread of the virus with-in your body. ...Read more
Tiny amount: Oral herpes is passed along from person to person via infected saliva. The amount of saliva required is small. The herpes virus is microscopic and can be passed along through simple means such as kissing, sharing silverware or lipstick, or drinking after someone else. It can also be spread through oral sex. As you can see, it's fairly easy to transmit; almost as easy as getting a common cold. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I just found out that I have oral herpes and I have a few questions:
1. I gave my boyfriend a hickey, will he get it too?
2. Can it be transmitted through kissing on the cheeks etc?
Herpes: You may be a child in which case we cannot provide a response and refer you to your parents or an adult guardian regarding your concerns. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you pass along genital herpes through oral sex?
- Can you pass herpes through blood?
- Can you pass herpes through saliva?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can std be passed orally?
- Can hiv be passed through saliva?
- Can hiv pass through saliva?
- Can hiv be passed through kissing?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free