Doctor insights on:
Can Onions Damage Your Eyes
Chopped onion, cooked for dinner and wash my eyes. Woke up with eyepain and swollen eyebg near the tearduct. What wl be my hme remedy? Thanku!..
Yes: Everyone knows that onion fumes are irritating to the eyes even without contact. More so with contact, however, nothing permanent will happen. ...Read more
No: The cut onion releases an acidic chemical which dissolves in the tears and causes irritation. The concentration under any circumstances is not enough to cause any deep seated change. So chop away and try using one of the tricks to minimize the irritation (google eye irritation from onions). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you damage your corneas from having those watery eyes while chopping onions?
- Can reading glasses damage your eyes?
- Can eyelash extensions damage your eyes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can too much protein damage your eyes?
- Can eye drops damage your eyes?
- Can a bright red light damage your eyes?
- Can wearing contacts stop your eyes from getting watery when chopping onions?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free