Doctor insights on:
Can Onions Damage Your Eyes
My eyes felt strange.. Almost like everything i looked at was floating . It lasted about 5 minutes i then had a mild headache. I was chopping onions.
Chopped onion, cooked for dinner and wash my eyes. Woke up with eyepain and swollen eyebg near the tearduct. What wl be my hme remedy? Thanku!..
Yes: Everyone knows that onion fumes are irritating to the eyes even without contact. More so with contact, however, nothing permanent will happen. ...Read more
No: The cut onion releases an acidic chemical which dissolves in the tears and causes irritation. The concentration under any circumstances is not enough to cause any deep seated change. So chop away and try using one of the tricks to minimize the irritation (google eye irritation from onions). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to use the pec deck machine?
- Cough up brigh red blood
- Febrile seizure family history of epilepsy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Cough syrup recipe
- Reduce second hand smoke exposure
- Cough until you throw up
- Reverse pressure softening
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free