Doctor insights on:
Can One Get Aids From Kissing
Yes definitely: That is how it usally spreads.Get a more detailed answer ›
Syphilis is caused : By a bacterium called treponema pallidum. It is not spread by smoking a cigarette someone else has used or using the same eating utensils. Syphilis is spread when broken skin or mucus membranes come in contact with sores that contain the bacteria. Sores can be found in the vagina, anus, rectum ; external genitalia. There can be sores on the lips ; mouth. Infrequently kissing can lead to infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No, but . . .: Mouth cancer (oral cancer) is not transmitted by kissing. However, doctors believe that some throat cancers are caused by strains of hpv (human papilloma virus). Hpv causes genital warts and cervical cancer. Researchers are trying to find out if vaccines like Gardasil can prevent some throat cancers, because oral sex transmits hpv viruses from one's genitals into a partners mouth and throat. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No, not usually: Typhoid fever (salmonella typhi) is from the stool (poop) of infected people and is not in the saliva. However, if an infected person accidentally transferred traces of poop from his hands to his face (due to poor handwashing habits), and then he got kissed by an uninfected person, the uninfected person could swallow enough salmonella typhi bacteria to contract typhoid fever. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can u get hiv or aids from kissing?
- How can you get aids from kissing?
- Can you get aids from french kissing?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Chances of getting aids from kissing
- Can you get aids by kissing?
- Can one get hiv through kissing?
- Can you get trichomoniasis from kissing?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online