Doctor insights on:
Can New Birth Control Give Me Diarriah
Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
3 months: I encourage a patient to give a pill at least a 3 month trial unless severe symptoms. ...Read more
If i take the birth control pill 12 hours later the usual, does that give me a whole new chance of getting pregnant?
A couple: There is a new type of patch on the horizon; and a new intrauterine contraceptive (very similar to mirena). Otherwise, the old standbys: ocps, the patch, nuvaring, Depo Provera shots, Nexplanon implant and Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud and paragard iud. Also, of course: condoms, female sponge, spermicidal jelly, diaphragms... ...Read more
You can: Some women do well with an extended cycle with their birth control pills, in order to avoid some of their periods. You can discuss that with your doctor. If you mean to start the new pack before taking all of the placebo pills, then yes you could do that as well - you should discuss this with your doctor as well. ...Read more
Birth control pills: Well, whether you are protected or not depends upon when in the menstrual cycle you started them. If you started them on day one of your period then, yes you are protected. If you started them the Sunday after your period started, then no you are not protected. Safety would dictate using a condom as back-up and to protect against STIs. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you tell me what birth control options are?
- Can the birth control shot be making me lose my hair?
- Can you tell me about the withdrawal method of birth control?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can birth control pills give you spider and varicose veins on your legs?
- Changing birth control pill use due to acne can you tell me what to use
- Birth control made me gain weight in face
- Birth control made me lose weight
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free