Doctor insights on:
Can My Semen Analysis Be Affected By What I Eat
Suggesting....: As an important initial part of evaluating male infertility, it confirms the volume, viscosity, liquefaction time, sperm count, maturity, morphology, and motility so to understand and appreciate the quality and quantity of semen to suggest its favorableness to fertilize the egg. ...Read more
Here are some ...: Semen exam is largely done for two conditions: 1. post-vasectomy exam to just confirm if sperm is still present or note so to assure infertility after vasectomy and 2. semen analysis to investigate the volume, viscosity, time to liquefy, total sperm count, sperm concentration, pus cells in semen, sperm shape, maturity, and motility so to suggest the degree of fertility. ...Read more
Have a dr. explain: It's all important, for different reasons. One way of simplifying a sa is to multiply the total count (concentration * volume) by the %motility * %morphology to get a total-motile-normal count. That said, you really can't understand a sa from a short explanation, ask the responsible doctor to explain it! ...Read more
Viability: A complete semen analysis will also measure the sperm for viability. Even though he sperm may not be moving underneath the microscopic field, it may still be alive. The viability measures the percentage of sperm that are alive that are moving and the ones that made be alive and not moving. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i eat for my acid reflux?
- What can i eat to improve my joints?
- What can i eat to stop my period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i eat before my colonoscopy?
- My semen analysis report colour opaque grey
- What can i eat after having my wisdom teeth removed?
- I got my wisdom teeth removed what can i eat
- Talk to a urologist online for free