Doctor insights on:
Can My Occupational Health Doctor Send Me Back To Work
Yes: Your occupational doctor will use the gps recommendation to write a return to duty recommendation. ...Read more
Hello. The other day i hit the back of my ankle.. I went to occupational health, they said i hit the nerves in my foot.. Told me to wear sneakers and ?
Achille's Injury: Trauma to the back of the ankle most likely involves the Achille's tendon, calcaneus (heel bone), or both. It could be a contusion (soft tissue injury), bursitis, tendonitis, or fracture. Rest, elevation, and ice/cold pack are needed. If pain continues for a few days, see a doctor. X-ray or MRI may be needed. ...Read more
Many things.: They will gather a tremendous amoutn of information on you, your social and general health and your work and work environment. They will need to determine your ability to work, work where your are and how it will affect you. Testing will be in order. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Workplace safety: Osha, or the department of occupational health and safety, keeps the workplace safe for workers and those who come into the work space. They oversee all safety issues, and infectious issues at the office, educate workers on safety issues, and enforce the rules. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Health and safety: Occupational health checks, in a preemployment setting, is a medical exam to insure you are healthy enough to do the duties of a particular job. If you are already employed, it is a medical exam to insure your health has not been affected by any hazards of your particular job and that your health still allows you to continue in that work. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ability to do a job: Many employers require some sort of exam prior to employment to assure that an individual possesses the capability of performing the "essential functions" of a job. Other exams may monitor our health at onset of employment and then periodically during employment to check for adverse effects of workplace exposures, such as to noise or toxic chemcals. Clearance implies all is well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can my doctor prescribe me something to help speed up my metabolism?
- How can i request my doctor to admit me to hospital?
- Can pinched nerves in the back or neck cause me to have black spots in my vision?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why would my family doctor send me to a general surgeon to have a colonoscopy?
- Can i ask my doctor to induce me at 39 weeks?
- How can i tell if my doctor will be the right one to treat me?
- Is it ok for me to go back to work three weeks after having my baby?
- Talk to a environmental health specialist online for free