Doctor insights on:
Can Mono Cause Birth Defects
What to do if I do not know much about this toxin but I do kno it causes birth defect. so what happens if ist introduced to the environment?
Depends: Birth defects come in all "sizes". Some are extremely serious and cause death, like anencephaly, where most of the brain is missing. Some are minor and and easy to treat, like an extra finger. Different chemicals are known to be associated with different kinds of birth defects, so it completely depends on which product or chemical you are using. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No way to know: Birth defects can have soooo many possible causes, there is really no way to know if it's from your environment. It could also have been from a virus you had during pregnancy, defects in your genetic code/dna, something you ate undercooked, cigarette smoke you were exposed to, a vitamin deficiency. It is difficult if not impossible to pinpoint causes of most birth defects. ...Read more
Facial asymmetry: Facial asymmetry occurs when the face is not symmetrical or evenly balanced. Most of us have asymmetrical faces to a certain extent but not to the degree that is noticeable. However, at times, the asymmetry can be pronounced and very obvious. Asymmetrical facial problems can be congenital and show up at birth or may develop later on. ...Read more
Many reasons: First, are they really increasing, or are they just living. Up until recently in history most of those pregnancies with defects would miscarry or the baby die rapidly after birth. Now we save these pregnancies and children. However, if increase, it is likely the many environmental exposures we have in the industrial age, both in the air we breath and perhaps the foods we eat. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can placenta previa cause birth defects?
- Can the morning after pill cause birth defects if i get pregnant anyway?
- What birth defects can methadone use cause?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can pelvic inflammatory disease cause birth defects?
- Can cigars cause birth defects if your man smokes?
- Can ecoli cause severe birth defects?
- Can toxoplasmosis infection in a man cause birth defects?
- Talk to a pediatrician online