Doctor insights on:
Can Mold Cause Lung Nodules
Deoxygenated blood enters the lungs from the right side of the heart and travels to the lungs. When you inspire, oxygen flows into the lungs, transverses the capilliares and attaches to hemoglobin down a gradient. At the same time, co2 diffuses into the capilaries and is expelled with exhalation. Oxygen rich blood then flows to the left side of the heart and into the ...Read more
Benign or malignant: Multiple possibilities. It's critical to obtain a thorough evaluation. All patients found to have a lung nodule should be referred to a comprehensive multidisciplinary thoracic surgical oncology program. After review of characteristics of nodule, patient history, risk factors, and examination; an individualized plan can be devised to facilitate diagnosis and/or treatment. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: is the short answer. Asbestos can cause several different changes to the chest and lung fields. Pulmonary nodules are just one example. Pleural disease including plaques and calcification as well as mesothelioma are side affects of asbestos. Lung cancer is also a problem. Don't ignore this nodule. Talk to your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can pneumonia cause lung nodules?
- Can lung nodules be caused by exposure to asbestos?
- What type of lung disease or problems can indoor mold cause?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can lung nodule cause nausea?
- What can cause nodules in the lungs?
- Can thyroid nodules cause pain in your throat and ears?
- Can pneumonia cause a mass on your lung?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free