Doctor insights on:
Can Milk Make You Constipated
increased fluid: Intake , good exercise habit , eating lots of fiber , fruits and vegetables are recommended to combat constipation . We also encourage to look the kind of medicine you are taking and discuss it with your physician if it causes constipation . As to milk in its natural form ( not milk of magnesium) its role in constipation is not really prominent and i would not recommend it for that sole purpose. ...Read more
My 12 m/o baby has recurring constipation. Could it be her diet? I feed her as recommended. Also, she is now on cows milk rather than formula.
Not really: Almond milk doesn't in of itself cause constipation. A diet low in fluids and fiber contributes to constipation. So if having almond milk with a low fiber diet, one might find constipation. If having almond milk with a lot of fiber in the diet- like fresh fruits and vegetables- constipation should not be a problem ...Read more
Not usually: I have not seen constipation as a result of almond milk. Dairy can be constipating as can apples or apple juice in some. Not drinking enough fluid definitley. Bananas, sweet potatoes in some are foods that can cause constipation. If stopping almond milk solves the problem and taking it again causes constipation then for you yes almond milk is constipating. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can hemorrhoids make you constipated?
- Can water make you constipated?
- Can soda make you constipated?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can vicodin make you constipated?
- Can probiotics make you constipated?
- Can hydroquinone makes you constipated?
- Can vitamins make you constipated?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online