Doctor insights on:
Can Milk Cause Constipation In Adults
Change your diet and: Fluids. Eat a high fiber diet between 20-25 grams per day, regular meal times and drink 80-100 oz of caffeine free alcohol free fluids daily. If you exercise and should add 20 oz per 30 minutes of strenuous exercise. Some meds contribute to constipation so take the meds with full glass of fluid instead of a sip in addition to the above recommended fluids. ...Read more
Not usually: I have not seen constipation as a result of almond milk. Dairy can be constipating as can apples or apple juice in some. Not drinking enough fluid definitley. Bananas, sweet potatoes in some are foods that can cause constipation. If stopping almond milk solves the problem and taking it again causes constipation then for you yes almond milk is constipating. ...Read more
Not really: Almond milk doesn't in of itself cause constipation. A diet low in fluids and fiber contributes to constipation. So if having almond milk with a low fiber diet, one might find constipation. If having almond milk with a lot of fiber in the diet- like fresh fruits and vegetables- constipation should not be a problem ...Read more
Define constipation: Breast fed kids may go a little every feed or one bulky stool every 7-10 days & if soft they are not constipated. Most formula babies go 1-2xd. Any stool that is dried out is constipation & a sign things are not moving along fast enough. Gas is from air swallowed or gas produced by gut germs. Fussy is whatever baby feels pissy about often fatigue. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can milk cause constipation in babies?
- Can constipation cause a fever in a toddler?
- Can straining with constipation cause blood in urine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can sweet potatoes cause constipation in babies?
- Can soy milk cause diarrhea in toddlers?
- Can constipation cause fever in children?
- Can large tonsils cause sleep apnea in adults?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online