Doctor insights on:
Can Metronidazole Gel Cure Trichomoniasis
No: The gel has a failure rate of over 50%, which is pretty bad when you consider the pill form of Metronidazole has a cure success of about 95%. The pill form can even be adapted to treat a pregnant woman. Be sure your partner is treated too. Follow up within 3 months for recheck though; reinfection is extremely common and most be monitored because infection can become silent. ...Read more
No it won't: First, Ureaplasma is a normal bacteria in the genital tract. A positive test result does not need treatment, especially in women with symptoms like unexplained vaginal discharge. Second, the answer to your question is no: metronidazole is used to treat bacterial vaginosis or trichomonas, and has no effect on Ureplasma. Discuss w/ your doctor. Good luck! ...Read more
Not both: Metronidazole will often cure BV (bacterial vaginosis). It is ineffective against chlamydia. For this you will need a different antibiotic, such as azithromycin, doxycycline, eryhromycin, or uncommonly Levofloxacin and ofloxacin. See your clinician for an appropriate prescription. ...Read more
Chlamydia: The CDC guidelines for the treatment of Chlamydia include antibiotics such as erythromycin, doxycline, azithromycin or ofloxacin. Erythromycin or amoxicillin are recommended during pregnancy. Usually see azithromycin or doxycline being used. Metronidazole is not a good choice for tx of chlamydia. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does metronidazole cure trichomoniasis?
- How long does it take metronidazole to cure trichomoniasis?
- Can trichomoniasis be cured?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can metronidazole gel cause a yeast infection?
- Can metronidazole cure a yeast infection?
- Can metronidazole cure yeast infection?
- Can 4 metronidazole cure trich?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free