Doctor insights on:
Can Melatonin Cause Constipation
Absolutely yes..: This medicine slows down your intestinal motility, reduces fecal volume and increases viscosity, thus it can cause constipation if you are senstive to it or over using it. It is often used to treat diarrhea, short-term use. Stopping it should resolve your constipiation in a couple of days if it is causing your constipation. Consult doc if severe/persistent. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Usually the opposite: Clndamycin's a strong antibiotic, and can cause diarrhea in people at high doses. Usually constipation is caused from not hydrating well, or possibly diet related if you don't have enough fiber in your diet, or eat enough vegetables. So, start there, and work backwards to determine what makes your constipation worse/better. You want to take probiotics too with any antibiotics to keep your GI happy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Constipation (Child) (Definition)
A condition in which it is difficult to pass stools because the stools are too firm or too dry. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does melatonin cause constipation?
- Can melatonin cause a rash?
- Can melatonin cause nightmares?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can melatonin cause weight gain?
- Can melatonin cause sleep disorders?
- Can too much melatonin cause depression?
- Melatonin side effects constipation
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online