Doctor insights on:
Can Massage Help To Improve Torticollis
See below: Spasmodic torticollis (cervical dystonia) is a neurological condition which causes involuntary muscle spasms in the neck. The causes include disorders of the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord) and also the peripheral nervous system usually secondary to some type of nerve injury in the neck. The gold standard of treatment for torticollis are botulism toxin injections into the muscles. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Several ways: The head is tilted to one side and rotated to the opposite side. Common in newborn babies. Other causes include trauma/injury, tumor, infection, medications, arthritis, vision problems, and more. To make the diagnosis the patient may need to see a neurologist or an orthopedic surgeon. Cervical dystonia also called spastic torticollis is a neurological condition which can be treated with botox. ...Read more
Neck spasm: It occurs when a group of neck muscles develops a spasm, causing them to contract and the neck not to move in all directions. It has different causes at different ages of life. In an infant, it's usually caused by the way it was positioned in the womb, leading to spasms of the neck on one side. Rarely, it could be due to a hereditary condition, or in an adult, due to nerve damage. ...Read more
Twist of the neck: Torticollis just means twist of the neck. At birth a baby can be born with spasm of the neck muscles that causes the neck to twist to one side. Inflammation of nodes in the neck can produce this later, and damage and contraction of the sternocleidomastoid muscle will cause the same condition. Neck injuries may result in the condition, and tumors in the neck and cervical region may produce it. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Massage therapy for torticollis
- Can massage therapy and stretching be used to improve flexibility in my hips?
- How can massage therapy help injuries in cheerleading?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How massage can help aortic aneurysm?
- How can massage therapy help with a brain aneurysm?
- Can massage therapy help an aortic aneurysm?
- Can folic acid help improve your mood?
- Talk to a pediatrician online