Doctor insights on:
Can Lyme Disease Cause Weakness And Numbness On One Side Of The Body
I have Lyme disease. Can it make my hands and forearmsgo numb and tingle? I took antibotics for 10 days.
Lyme is caused by borrelia burgdorferi. Acute symptoms can include bullseye rash, headaches, joint pain, fever, and flu like sx. Chronic symptoms can include fibromyalgia symptoms, nerve pain in extremities, mood swings, brain fog, heart problems. Lab diagnosis is not very reliable, and sometimes clinical ...Read more
Numb hands/arms: This is a symptom that can be found in a lyme infection, along with other symptoms like fatigue, joint stiffnes moving from one joint to another, headaches, dizziness, tingling, spasms or twitching, etc. It's possible you weren't treated long enough, esp if you have many symptoms. Maybe get a second opinion on whether you should get back on antibiotics. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can someone have Lyme disease without fatigue? Muscle aches/tightness in right side of body, esp upper back/scapular area, arm, and leg for 3 weeks?
Borrelia bacteria: Lyme disease is an infection caused by a bacteria, borrelia burgdorferi.It is usually transmitted by deer ticks & the longer the tick is attached the greater the chance of infection.However, about half of those with lyme do not recall being bitten by a tick.It is proven that stinging flies can transmit it & possibly spiders, mosquitoes etc.It may be sexually transmitted & passed to babies in utero. ...Read more
Not enough info: What symptom do you mean?Get a more detailed answer ›
List: Causes of TMJ syndrome are not completely understood.. Causes may include, misalignment (malocclusion) of or trauma to the teeth or jaw, teeth grinding (bruxism),, poor posture, stress or anxiety, arthritis or other inflammatory musculoskeletal disorders, excessive gum chewing. Treatment can be complex and beyond the scope of this answer. See a TMJ expert for guidance. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can lyme disease affect just one side of the body?
- What can cause numbness on one side of body?
- Numbness and tingling on one side of the body
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a pinch nerve cause numbness in my arm and whole side of body?
- What causes swelling on one side of the body?
- What commonly causes a lazy eye and one side of the body to be weaker?
- Could a head injury cause chill bumps on one side of the body
- Talk to a travel medicine specialist online for free