Doctor insights on:
Can Lyme Disease Cause Diarrhea
Loose stools is a symptom in which a person's stool (poop) does not hold its shape after it goes into the toilet. Instead of remaining a shaped piece of poop, the poop spreads out in the toilet bowl water. Very loose stool is called diarrhea. Loose stool can be caused by infections, certain foods or drinks, ...Read more
Borrelia bacteria: Lyme disease is an infection caused by a bacteria, borrelia burgdorferi.It is usually transmitted by deer ticks & the longer the tick is attached the greater the chance of infection.However, about half of those with lyme do not recall being bitten by a tick.It is proven that stinging flies can transmit it & possibly spiders, mosquitoes etc.It may be sexually transmitted & passed to babies in utero. ...Read more
Depends: Tick bite cancan be mild but if nevous system invoved might be lingering process sometime long term tetracck=line is needed and good diet and supportivetreatment can give real good recvery. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Lyme is caused by borrelia burgdorferi. Acute symptoms can include bullseye rash, headaches, joint pain, fever, and flu like sx. Chronic symptoms can include fibromyalgia symptoms, nerve pain in extremities, mood swings, brain fog, heart problems. Lab diagnosis is not very reliable, and sometimes clinical ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can lyme disease cause anemia?
- Can lyme disease cause weakness and numbness on one side of the body?
- Can celiac disease cause abdominal pain and diarrhea right after meals?
- Can lyme disease cause blood clots in the lungs?
- Can lyme disease cause interstitial cystitis?
- Can late stage lyme disease cause peripheral vision loss?
- Can lyme disease cause hypoglycemia?
- Can lyme disease cause cancer?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free