Doctor insights on:
Can Lyme Disease Cause Blindness
Lyme is caused by borrelia burgdorferi. Acute symptoms can include bullseye rash, headaches, joint pain, fever, and flu like sx. Chronic symptoms can include fibromyalgia symptoms, nerve pain in extremities, mood swings, brain fog, heart problems. Lab diagnosis is not very reliable, and sometimes clinical ...Read more
Unlikely: It's possible but unlikely.Get a more detailed answer ›
Borrelia bacteria: Lyme disease is an infection caused by a bacteria, borrelia burgdorferi.It is usually transmitted by deer ticks & the longer the tick is attached the greater the chance of infection.However, about half of those with lyme do not recall being bitten by a tick.It is proven that stinging flies can transmit it & possibly spiders, mosquitoes etc.It may be sexually transmitted & passed to babies in utero. ...Read more
List: Causes of TMJ syndrome are not completely understood.. Causes may include, misalignment (malocclusion) of or trauma to the teeth or jaw, teeth grinding (bruxism),, poor posture, stress or anxiety, arthritis or other inflammatory musculoskeletal disorders, excessive gum chewing. Treatment can be complex and beyond the scope of this answer. See a TMJ expert for guidance. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can lyme disease cause anemia?
- Can lyme disease cause weakness and numbness on one side of the body?
- Can lyme disease cause diarrhea?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can lyme disease cause interstitial cystitis?
- Can late stage lyme disease cause peripheral vision loss?
- Can lyme disease cause hypoglycemia?
- Can lyme disease cause cancer?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free