Doctor insights on:
Can Lupus Affect Menstrual Cycles
Some do: Some people can notice a change of lupus symptoms with their cycle. Each person is different and some do and some do not. You have to pay attention to your pattern and if you see things that flare your lupus, tell you doctor. Pregnancy has been associated with flares in some people. We are careful to watch for that and peopel are followed by high risk OB as part of that monitoring. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Why do I have a lupus flare during my menstrual cycle most of the time? Also my p.O.T.S symptoms worsen during this time how can I help this?
Inflammation: Lupus and the pre-menstrual phase of the cycle are both known for being states of increased inflammation, so it makes sense that you might have this and notice it during your menstrual cycle. I would speak with your rheumatologist regarding medications that are safe to take to diminish the flare symptoms, as some anti-inflammatories are harmful for kidneys. Best of luck. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Seen in urgicare for cough/sob-blood work showed WBC 4.2, hgb 10.8, RDW 16, RBC 3.99 those r abnormal; I have lupus, only on plaquenil is this concern also just finished menstrual cycle 3 days ago?
It can be longtime: Chemotherapy can stop the ovary from making eggs leading to irregular or no menses. This usually lasts for about one year or less.. But some kids take 2-3 years before the periods return. So i would be patient and ask advice from your oncologist who gave you chemotherapy in the first place. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Do the hormone changes associated with menstrual cycles affect people with mood disorders more severely?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can trichomoniasis affect my menstrual cycle?
- Can surgery affect your menstrual cycle?
- Can corticosteroids affect menstrual cycle?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can thyroid problems affect your menstrual cycle?
- Can drinking alcohol affect your menstrual cycle?
- Can diet pills affect your menstrual cycle?
- Can anemia affect menstrual cycle?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free