Doctor insights on:
Can Low Iron Stores Cause Thyroid Disease
You can have problems with they thyroid making too much or too little thyroid hormone. You can also have problems with it being too large (goiter) of having nodules or cysts in it. There are also occasional thyroid cancers. Most thyroid problems can be easily diagnosed and treated ...Read more
Can happen: Thyroid disease has many symptoms and while bad breath can occur in hypothyroid disease, don't think just because you have bad breathe, this means you have thyroid disease. There would be many other symptoms. The most common cause of bad breath is poor oral hygiene. Work with your dentist first. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Various: Most common causes of thyroid diseases are autoimmune, the immune system, recognizes the thyroid as foreign to the body, in the process, the thyroid can be damaged or stimulated. Other causes are iodine deficiency, problems with development of the thyroid or with parts of the thyroid cell important ti make thyroid hormones. Some medications or infections can also cause thyroid problems. ...Read more
Weight gain Thyroid: Hypothyroidism would cause a person to gain weight. This is because thyroid hormone is responsible for metabolism. Therefore, low thyroid will cause a low metabolism and hence weight gain. Hyperthyroidism increases metabolism which results in weight loss. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can thyroid disease cause low libido?
- Symptoms of low iron stores in women
- Can thyroid disease cause low blood sugar levels?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can low iron cause constipation?
- Can low iron cause headaches?
- Can low iron cause nausea?
- Can low iron cause depression?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free