Doctor insights on:
Can Listeria Meningitis Be Contracted From Other People
How often to people contract meningitis after a lumbar puncture? Is it true doctors should wear a face mask when performing LP? Mine didn't.
Acute Bacterial?: Elderly people are at higher risk of ABM than younger adults. Usually, in the elderly it occurs along w/ another illness and may be hidden at first (non-meningococcal etiology). You need to talk w/ the doctors involved about this particular case, but, sadly, It's associated with a earlier and higher death rate than in younger patients. I hope this case can be resolved well. ...Read more
Close contact : Meningitis is an inflammation from infection of the tissue layers that envelop the brain and spinal cord. The infection is usually viral but can be bacterial or fungal. It is acquired by close contact with an individual who has the disease --- hugging , kissing , or coughing. ...Read more
If had a meningitis and was treated before, is there any possiblity that he can get it again or pass it to other people?
Now yes: Yes means for the most virulent strains of bacterial meningitis. There is a vacccine called menactra, which is routinely given upon entering 6th grade and college but is indicated as young as 2 years old. This past year recommendation by acip was made to get a booster every 5 years. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Meningococcal diseas: Your reference is most likely meningococcal meningitis. It may lead to death in a very short time because it spreads to cause septicemia, spreading quickly through the blood stream to cause a generalized infection and releases a toxin which contributes to a collapse of the cardiovascular system. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can forgetfulness be a side effect from meningitis?
- How fast can colon cancer be spreading from lymph nodes to other organs?
- Can people be allergic to wool or just itch from it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can salmonella be contracted from cantaloupe?
- Listeria meningitis contracted other
- Can you catch shingles from other people?
- Can pain in my groin area be from constipation?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free