Doctor insights on:
Can Lisinopril Cause Insomnia
For the last few months, I've been switching bp medications due to side effects --Prinivil gave me heart palpitations; Amlodopine caused severe insomnia. And now Valsartan is causing insomnia too. Any advice on how to deal with this? Switch again?
Why does zestril (lisinopril) sometimes cause coughing? Would the cough be constant or intermittent?
ACE inhibition.: There is an enzyme in your lungs called angiotensin converting enzyme. It is inhibited by zestril (lisinopril). As a result there is a local accumulation of products (possibly kinins, substance p and thromboxane) that triggers cough. The cough is intermittent and nonproductive - some describe a tickle like cough. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Lisinopril and insomnia
- Can lisinopril cause gout?
- Can lisinopril cause kidney damage?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can depression cause insomnia?
- Can overtraining cause insomnia?
- Can lexapro cause insomnia?
- Can 5htp cause insomnia?
- Talk to a sleep medicine specialist online for free