Doctor insights on:
Can Lipitor Cause Low Platelet Count
Atorvastatin has the brand name lipitor (atorvastatin). . Its function is to lower the body's production of cholesterol and to stabilize current cholesterol plaques. The general name for this class of medication is "statins". Other statins include Crestor (rosuvastatin) ...Read more
Can the drug Dutasteride cause low platelet count in 58 years old male ? he is using it daily for 2.5 years
That is just: Barely low. Long list of possibilities, but at this level no need for "treatment". ...Read more
See below: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Having said that, liver disease can cause both of these as can many other conditions. It would be prudent to discuss it with your doctor who ordered the tests. ...Read more
See below: Low platelet count, thrombocytopenia, may be due to low production, as in bone marrow failure, excessive alcohol intake; increased destruction as in idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura or drug related platelet destruction. Enlarge spleen form any cause may lower platelet count. See this site for more info. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/thrombocytopenia/basics/definition/con-20027170. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can low platelet count cause fatigue?
- Can marijuana cause low platelet count?
- Can anemia cause low platelet count?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can aspirin cause low platelet count?
- Can milk thistle cause low platelet count?
- Can a viral infection cause low platelet count?
- Platelet low count causes
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free