Doctor insights on:
Can Leg Amputations Ever Be Fatal
Serious problems: Serious conditions such as severe infections or very low blood flow to the leg can lead to amputation. Sometimes a serious infection can get into the bone causing osteomyelityis, and sometimes antibiotics do not always work. Low blood flow risks are increased in cigarette smokers and diabetics. Ischemic or infected tissues can sometimes cause serious troubles, negatively affecting other organs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
All structures Cut: During a leg amputation, the surgeon starts by making a skin incision. This is designed to help in the closure of the stump. Next the muscle fascia is cut, followed by the muscles. The primary nerves, arteries and veins are then ligated ( tied off ). Next the bones are cut with a saw and the cut edges are filed down. Finally a flap of muscle tissue is used to cover the bone and the skin is closed. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is a pda ever fatal in a baby?
- Are pinworms ever fatal?
- Are dts ever fatal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is fifth disease ever fatal to anyone?
- Is meconium aspiration syndrome ever fatal?
- Leg amputation
- Can you explain the difference between leg amputation at or above the knee?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free