Doctor insights on:
Can Kids Have Cough Drops
My son is allergic to rocephin ibprofen and penicillin we gave himequate vaporizing rub children multi symptomns Mucinex ludens cough drops is thisOK?
Likely a non issue : The OTC medications you have mentioned do not contain any of the compounds you have listed as allergenic to your son. That being said, they may contain medications that he is allergic to that you don't know about yet, so careful observation is warranted. ...Read more
Not many: Cough drops contain menthol and camphor mostly, and I am unaware of any complications of even heavy use of these. Many drops are sugared, and weight gain and tooth decay, gum problems may occur with heavy use. There is no potential for such drops to cause physical addiction, but psychological dependency can occur to many things. Some people are "oral" and need things in their mouths a lot. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See 1 more doctor answer
Symptom: Cough is a symptom, not an illness. In order to make the symptom better, you need to address the illness. If the cough is being caused by a bacterial infection, antibiotics will make it better. If it's being caused by virus, the body's immune system will cure it. If it's asthma, medicines can improve it greatly but it can't be cured. In short, the cure depends on the cause. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you have halls cough drops while pregnant?
- Can pregnant women have cough drops?
- Can i have cough drops while breastfeeding?
- I'm pregnant can i have cough drops
- Can you have a cough with strep throat?
- Can you have the flu without a cough?
- Can you have a chest infection without a cough?
- Can you have bronchitis without a cough?
- Talk to a pediatrician online for free