Doctor insights on:
Can Kids Have Cough Drops
Five year old daughter nonproductive cough. Children's Mucinex cough medicine not helping. Also tried vapor rub and cough drops. Nothing is helping.
My son is allergic to rocephin ibprofen and penicillin we gave himequate vaporizing rub children multi symptomns Mucinex ludens cough drops is thisOK?
Likely a non issue : The OTC medications you have mentioned do not contain any of the compounds you have listed as allergenic to your son. That being said, they may contain medications that he is allergic to that you don't know about yet, so careful observation is warranted. ...Read more
Not many: Cough drops contain menthol and camphor mostly, and I am unaware of any complications of even heavy use of these. Many drops are sugared, and weight gain and tooth decay, gum problems may occur with heavy use. There is no potential for such drops to cause physical addiction, but psychological dependency can occur to many things. Some people are "oral" and need things in their mouths a lot. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: It is not harmful.Get a more detailed answer ›
Cough drop over dose: Usually cough drops are over the counter and mild in strength with recommended dosages from their packaging label. However too much of anything can be bad so stick to recommended doses. If coughing is still problematic consider another remedy such as a tablespoon of honey (one study showed efficacy from Buckwheat honey equivalent to prescription narcotic suppressants). Don't give honey to infants. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can pregnant women have cough drops?
- I'm pregnant can i have cough drops
- Can you have the flu without a cough?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you have bronchitis without a cough?
- Can i take halls cough drops while pregnant?
- Can you get the flu shot if you have a cough?
- Can you take cough drops while breastfeeding?
- Talk to a pediatrician online