Doctor insights on:
Can Kids Have Cough Drops
I started sucking on a cough drop before asking and its actually helping but im now wondering if its ok after a tonsillectomy? day 7
Yes...: There is a risk of the cough drop going into your airway which is less protected while you sleep. Your cough reflex is suppressed during sleep so if the cough drop goes "down the wrong way", you could actually block your airway and essentially choke in your sleep. Better to take the cough drop out of your mouth before you fall asleep. ...Read moreTalk to a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can pregnant women have cough drops?
- I'm pregnant can i have cough drops
- Can you have the flu without a cough?
- Can you have a chest infection without a cough?
- Can you have bronchitis without a cough?
- Can i take halls cough drops while pregnant?
- Can you get the flu shot if you have a cough?
- Can you take cough drops while breastfeeding?
- Talk to a pediatrician online for free