Doctor insights on:
Can Irritable Bowel Syndrome Cause Back Pain
The gastrointestinal tract starts at the mouth, travel down the tunnel (esophagus), which connects to the stomach, which then empties into the duodenum, jejunum, and ileum---the three parts of the small intestine (@25 feet). This empties into the colon or large intestine (about 5 feet), which then becomes the sigmoid colon, rectum and out the anus. So, every morsel eaten ...Read more
Syphilis testing: Hi my gut response to your question is no. But, stranger things have been known to happen. There is an epidemic of syphilis in america and one should not ignore this dangerous infection. If you are sexually active you should have regular tests for the common stds, especially those that can be deadly such as HIV and syphilis. If you have a positive test for syphilis please get the treatment. ...Read more
Yes: It can.Get a more detailed answer ›
No: Ibs is not associated with a rash. There are many other GI conditions that mimic ibs which do cause a rash, including celiac disease (causes dermatitis herpetiformis) and inflammatory bowel disease (erythema nodosum). Check with your doctor to make sure you have been evaluated for these these conditions. Medication can certainly cause a rash as well. ...Read more
Ibs is diagnosed after all organic causes are ruled out (eg, infection, inflammation). Gi docs use a clinical criteria called rome iii. Pts must have abdominal pain/discomfort associated with 2 or more of the following at least 25% of the time: 1. Symptoms improve w defecation, 2. Stool frequency changes, 3. Stool appearance changes. Constipation-type vs diarrhea-type are ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can straining during bowel movements cause ongoing lower back pain?
- Can bowel problems cause back pain?
- Can bowel cancer cause back pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can celiac disease cause irritable bowel syndrome?
- Can piriformis syndrome cause back pain?
- Can bowel obstruction cause back pain?
- Can irritable bowel syndrome cause blood in stool?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free