Doctor insights on:
Can Infection Spread From Tooth To Tooth
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Pretty quick: Sometimes the tooth infection can spread quickly and require immediate attention. If your dentist is unavailable and there is a fever, swelling in the face, or swelling in the jaw, a visit to the emergency room or urgent care is warranted. Take care. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
As we speak: The longer you wait, the greater the risk. Mild chronic infections have a nasty way of becoming severe acute infections at the most inopportune time. The longer you wait, the more tooth damage, the more complex (expensive) the "fix." You need to be on antibiotics to limit stead of infection until Dentist can treat (eliminate) the cause of infection. Please call Dentist NOW. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Yes an abscess can spread. Upper tooth infections can spread to the brain; lower tooth infections can spread to the neck and strangle you or worse, go to your heart. Tooth decay can be very dangerous. See your dentist and have the tooth treated or removed asap. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a tooth infection spread to your throat?
- Tooth infection spread to bone
- Can my tooth infection spread to my heart and kill me?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Tooth infection spread to brain symptoms
- Symptoms of tooth infection spreading to brain
- Can bacterial infections be spread?
- Can a yeast infection spread?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online