Doctor insights on:
Scratching: Impetigo is caused by infected skin sores. Scratching or picking at the lesions can easily transfer bacteria to other areas, especially any other breaks in the skin or mucous areas such as the nose or mouth area. Keep the sores clean, apply antibiotic ointment and a bandaid if needed. Avoid scratching or picking at them. Do good handwashing! ...Read more
Just was told I have impetigo and its spread all over, could the bacteria go to other parts of body n affect me?I have bad shoulder pain n can't sleep
Dx w/ impetigo. Dr. Prescribed Bactrim. When will sores stop spreading to other parts of body after starting bactrim?
My sister has impetigo, she was rubbing an ice cube across her sores. My dog licked the ice cube, could it spread to my dog and to me? is my question.
Impetigo: Impetigo can be transmitted with touch --- but transmission with an ice cube is very very unlikely. Maintain best hygiene. Wash hands. Encourage your sister to wash carefully. She needs antibiotics. She could use bacitracin every 3 hrs. We all have staph and strep species on our skin without obvious infection. Impetigo developes when a skin break occurs. Dog won't get strep., either. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I was diagnosed with bollous impetigo. How long can it survive on inanimate objects such as towels, clothes, or soap. I don't want to spread it.
Wash and clean: Staph can last for days on surfaces. Wash potentially contaminated clothing and towels and this usually clears the issue from these items. Clean surfaces with lysol disinfectant. ...Read more
Impetigo: Yes,if it is not being treatedshe can spread it to your girlfriend ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a bone cyst spread to other parts of the body?
- Can skin cancer spread to other parts of the body?
- Can brain cancer spread to other parts of the body?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does multiple sclerosis spread to other parts of the body?
- Can athletes foot spread to other parts of your body?
- Can lymphedema spread from my arms to other parts of my body?
- Can rosacea spread to other parts of my body?
- Talk to a dermatologist online