Doctor insights on:
Can I Wear Contacts If I Have A Corneal Scar On One Of My Eyes
I have a corneal scar on one eye and lost almost all my vision at a young age in that eye. Now my other eyes vision is going bad. Can I get contacts?
See ophthalmologist: Your vision in the one eye apparently is either gone or is too weak to be useful. You need to protect the other eye. Depending upon the reason for lowered vision in that eye, contacts might be helpful but so can glasses which can be made to protect this one remaining eye. Discuss the options and risks with your ophthalmologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I had a corneal ulcer 4 months back & have a corneal scar now. I hv -4.5 power both eyes.Can I wear my silicon hydrogel contact lens on few occasions?
Surgery: One that does not involve the cornea. ...Read more
It depends: It depends on what caused the scar. Often corneal scars will gradually fade over time. This happens slowly. Sometimes medications, such as topical steroid eye drops, can help. If all else fails and the scar is affecting your vision, corneal surgery can often be done. Ask your eye doctor for more information or consult a good corneal specialist in your area. ...Read more
None of them: Are likely to cause a corneal scar. ...Read more
Possible: But, you need to ask your opthomolgist to check if the corneal scar will preclude you from wearing contacts lenses. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i wear contacts if i have pink eye?
- Can i wear contacts if i have glaucoma?
- What do i do if only one of my eyes has bad eye sight wear contacts in one?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i continue to wear contacts while i am healing from a corneal abrasion?
- How long after a corneal abrasion can i start to wear contacts again?
- Can i wear contacts with a stye?
- When can i wear my contacts after eye infection
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free