Doctor insights on:
Can I Wash And Reuse My Catheters Or Not
A catheter is a thin plastic tube that is inserted into the body to obtain fluids/blood or give medicine. So some catheters can be placed in the veins and medicine given directly into the body, IV fluids given or blood sampled. A catheter can be placed in the bladder ...Read more
Which type: A catheter is a thin tube extruded from medical grade materials that can be used for a broad range of functions including to treat diseases or perform a surgical procedure. The answer to your question is dependent on which type of catheter you are looking for, some are not on sale unless ordered by a physician whereas others can be bought in your local pharmacy and online. ...Read more
Central venous cath: Implanted catheters are of several types. They can be completely beneath the skin, with a reservoir that is accessed through the skin with a needle. The reservoir is usually on the chest. Other catheters can be tunneled, so that the end part of the catheter is outside the skin, and the catheter is tunneled to its insertion site into a large vein. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Soap and water: Simple soap and water should do fine. Soaking in soapy water is also fine. ...Read more
Yes, it may ...: Indwelling catheter alone can periodically induce discomfort and pain from recurrent bladder spam which can be eased with proper handling the catheter and judicious use of medication. Erection may cause additional irritation; in fact, your personal repetitive experience would be the most reliable information to tell personal story of catheter and erection. ...Read more
I am having trouble holding my bladder a lot of these time I absolutely no control. I read a catheters are a possible solution. Is this something o can do myself to prevent embarrassing moments?
Further evaluation n: Before jumping to something like that you should be evaluated by a doctor! If it has not gone on for that long it could be something simple like a bladder infection, which can be easily treated by antibiotics. However, the important thing is to first determine why you are having this problem, then the treatment can be determined. 29 year old males do not typically have this problem. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i have a fracture in my hand and not realize it is actually a fracture?
- How can i whiten my teeth and not my crown?
- Why can i not use my salicylic acid face wash is it really that big of a deal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have fibroids and my doctor will not remove them what can i do
- How can i help my baby adjust to sleeping in his room and not in our bed?
- What can happen if my periods are 3months long or longer and i dont see a doctor?
- I hit my ear and now can't hear
- How can i thicken my hair and prevent it from falling out when i brush or wash it?