Doctor insights on:
Can I Use My Contact Lenses A Day After My Corneal Abrasion Feels Normal
Contact lens wear: Usually when the eyes are back to feeling normal and the patient has been off antibiotics for 48 hours it should be safe to resume contact lens wear ( with a new contact) if the contact could be implicated in the source of discomfort. Such is the case of infection, rather than abrasion. ...Read more
Corneal Abrasion (Scratch) (Definition)
A corneal abrasion is a painful scratch to the surface of the clear part of the eye, which is called the cornea. It can be painful and may feel as if there is sand in the eye. One should seek medical attention promptly. ...Read more
Fine: Years ago the treatment for an abrasion was a pressure patch. But in recent years ophthalmologists have switched from patching to using a bandage contact lens with antibiotic and possibly a mild steroid to decrease the inflammation. Continue your care with the same ophthalmologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Severe corneal abrasion 5 days back.now put under bandage contact lens after corneal scrapping.vision still very blurry.when will my vision be clear?
Yesterday i got a corneal abrasion. Pain has subsided and i'm less sensitive to light, but my vision is significantly more blurry. Is this normal?
After wearing for a week of bandage contact lense because of corneal abrasion, what possibly the doctor will intsruct next?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i use my same contact lenses that caused me corneal abrasion?
- Bandage contact lens corneal abrasion
- Can i wear contacts a day after a corneal abrasion?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i use contact lenses instead of my very thick spectacles?
- Can i use eye drops with contact lenses?
- Can i use glasses prescription for contact lenses?
- Can i sleep with my contact lenses on?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free