Doctor insights on:
Can I Use My Contact Lenses A Day After My Corneal Abrasion Feels Normal
Contact lens wear: Usually when the eyes are back to feeling normal and the patient has been off antibiotics for 48 hours it should be safe to resume contact lens wear ( with a new contact) if the contact could be implicated in the source of discomfort. Such is the case of infection, rather than abrasion. ...Read more
Severe corneal abrasion 5 days back.now put under bandage contact lens after corneal scrapping.vision still very blurry.when will my vision be clear?
Fine: Years ago the treatment for an abrasion was a pressure patch. But in recent years ophthalmologists have switched from patching to using a bandage contact lens with antibiotic and possibly a mild steroid to decrease the inflammation. Continue your care with the same ophthalmologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
After wearing for a week of bandage contact lense because of corneal abrasion, what possibly the doctor will intsruct next?
I have suffered corneal abrasion without any physical contact with a finger or blade. It recurs after a month of total abstinence, how does this occur?
See answer: Any defect in the corneal surface epithelium is termed a "corneal epithelial defect"(CED). When it occurs due to mechanical trauma the CED is termed a "corneal abrasion". Once the cornea has sustained an abrasion and subsequently healed, it is prone to develop a SPONTANEOUS reoccurrence of the CED which the ophthalmologist may term an "abrasion", as it is a more familiar term to the patient. ...Read more
Yesterday i got a corneal abrasion. Now the pain and sensitivty is lessened, but my vision is significantly more blurry. Is this normal?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i use my same contact lenses that caused me corneal abrasion?
- I suffered a corneal abrasion what can i do to help my eye heal quickly
- Can i use contact lenses instead of my very thick spectacles?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Life after a kidney transplant
- Can i wear contacts a day after a corneal abrasion?
- Can i use my glasses prescription for contact lenses?
- Can i get pregnant a day after my period?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free