Doctor insights on:
Can I Use Mupirocin On A Cut
Yes: But Bacitracin has not been shown to be of any value on any kind of wound. In experimental studies, those using vaseline or aquaphor healed the same or better than Bacitracin when used on surgical wounds. Bacithacin is a common sensitizer. A few years ago it was named the allergen of the year. Same for neosporin and triple antibiotic. Wash the cut, then keep it lubricated. ...Read more
That's fine: For a small 2nd-degree (i.e., partial-thickness) burn, keep it clean with washing and keep it gooped up with antibiotic ointment (e.g., bacitracin, polysporin, (bacitracin and polymyxin) neosporin, triple-antibiotic ointment) until it is healed, which will take a few days to up to 3 weeks. For the pain, use minor analgesics, such as Ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If it does not heal or seems infected, seek medical attention, . ...Read more
I cut my foot on a rusty rod and used peroxide on the cut later that night. If I keep using peroxide,antibiotic ointment,&band aids,can I get Tetanus?
Maybe,maybe not: It only takes an opening in the skin and a few tetanus spores to begin the infectious process that may lead to tetanus. Your work to clean and sanitize the area is a great first step, and may protect you. However, tetanus is quite nasty and a simple booster provides protection for 10 years.If you can't remember your last tetanus shot, get one.You mav have received one around 10-12 years of age. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If I have a keloid on a piercing and and I use the aspirin treatment, can I leave the jewelry in?
I cut my self like a week ago what can I put on my cut for it not to scar? Does a and d ointment work?
Kukui nut oil: A;d ointment or vit e might help; but you might want to try kukui nut oil. ...Read more
Am using bactroban (mupirocin) for skin rashes from which some fluid comes after a cut on toe.Was wondering if I put neosporin powder over bactroban (mupirocin) will it harm?
1) there is no : Point in doing that. 2) I would recommend you see a doctor. It sounds like you are self doctoring. The reason is it sounds like you have an infection and then you say a rash. So there may be two problems. If your not getting better with the bactroban (mupirocin) you may need an oral antibiotic. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I cut myself and I have a wound of 1 and a half inch what medications I can take or what cream I can put on the wound ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i use mupirocin on elbows?
- Can i use mupirocin for ring worm?
- Can you take keflex and use mupirocin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you use mupirocin ointment for an infected ear piercing?
- Can you use mupirocin and amixicilim at hte same time?
- Centany mupirocin ointment uses
- Mupirocin 2 ointment uses
- Talk to a dermatologist online for free