Doctor insights on:
Can I Use Mira Lax Instead Of Go Lytely To Prepare For My Colonoscopy Tomorrow
Can I use miralax (polyethylene glycol) instead of golytely to prepare for my colonoscopy tomorrow?
Peg is the basis of a number of laxatives (i.e. Polyethylene glycol 3350, or miralax). Whole bowel irrigation with polyethylene glycol and added electrolytes is used for bowel preparation before surgery or colonoscopy. The preparation is sold under the brand names golytely, gavilyte c, nulytely, glycolax, fortrans, trilyte, among others. ...Read more
Can I use miralax (polyethylene glycol) and gatorade to prep for my colonoscopy tomorrow, or do I have to use golytely?
Im having colonoscopy tomorrow and i drank the miralax (polyethylene glycol) prep with lipton green tea 64 oz and i feel sick is this normal?
I have drunk miralax (polyethylene glycol) all day ever 2/3 hours because I'm getting an endoscopy and colonoscopy tomorrow, but I just threw up a lot is this bad?
Lot of miralax (polyethylene glycol): Regurgitating too much miralax (polyethylene glycol) is not uncommon if the stomach gets overloaded and cant handle the volumn injested. I prefer GoLightly which adsorbs fluid into the small bowel and secondarily cleanses the colon. In spite of everything I still suggest a Fleet enema before going for the procedure. ...Read more
Cn I start drinking miralax (polyethylene glycol) earlier in day like 11:00 & drinking it 30 min apart day b4 my colonoscopy opposed to starting @ 3 when suggested .
Probably ok: It's probably ok, as long as you follow all the other guidelines. But you will be extending the time from clearing out your bowels to when you can start eating again! ...Read more
I am getting a colonoscopy done. can I take the dulcolax and miralax (polyethylene glycol) at the same time?
Had colonoscopy at 10:30 ate some food, now having diarrhea again.Totally loose like i had with prep. Prep was ducolax and miralax (polyethylene glycol). Is this normal?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i use expired pills until tomorrow?
- Can i use contact lenses instead of my very thick spectacles?
- Can i use a blender instead of a food processor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i use saran wrap instead of a condom?
- What can i use instead of face toner?
- Are there any natural bowel preps i can use before my colonoscopy?
- Can i be screened for colon cancer with a ct scan instead of a colonoscopy?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free