Doctor insights on:
Can I Use Flumist If I Have An Allergy To Eggs
Allergies occur when your immune system is triggered by envirionmental factors it should ignore--for example, pollen in the air, or dander on a cat or dog--and creates cells to fight against them. An allergic reaction typically causes itching, congestion, or drainage, and ...Read more
NO: Almost 100% of individuals allergic to egg are allergic to egg white or ovoalbumin. A small percentage can tolerate egg yolk; it is safest to avoid all egg products. Recent reports suggest that egg-allergic children might tolerated baked eggs, however it is not straightforward to predict who these semi-tolerant children might be. ...Read more
Allergies develop : At any time. Do not know why, but it is seen all the time that one has eaten a food for years or taken medication before, and then develops an allergy to it. How likely? Depends on the person and family history. It is more likely in someone who already has lot off allergies. Less likely in someone without preexisting allergies. ...Read more
Flu vaccine: A family history of Guillian Barre disease is a contraindication ...Read more
History is more imp: Not really sure what is meant by this. For food allergy the most important aspect in making this diagnosis is the patient history and what type of reaction occurered. Then food allergy skin test or blood test are done to confirm the history. The level of positivity on these tests are not really predictive of the type of reaction one could have. ...Read more
High level allergy: When food allergies are evaluated by blood tests, the amount of allergic antibody (ige) against a particular food is quantified and a classification is assigned. The higher the class, the more antibody was found against that food. Class 0 has little or no ige detected while class 6 means very high levels were found. Most allergists feel class 3 or higher indicates significant allergy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: There are tests to differentiate an allergy to either the yolk or white of the egg. You can be allergic to one part and not the other. ...Read more
Vegan mayonaise: You can find this product at whole foods or other health food type grocery stores. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i use eye makeup and foundation if i have severe eye allergy?
- Can i feed my child baked goods with eggs in them if they have a minor allergy to them?
- How is it that i can get the h1n1 swine flu vaccine if i have an egg allergy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Apparently i have a severe latex allergy so what condoms can i use if gay
- Can i use meringue powder in place of eggs in chocolate mousse?
- Can i get allergies from eating eggs every day?
- Can i use pataday if i have a stye?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free