Doctor insights on:
Can I Tell If A Rash Is Dangerous By Looking At It
Rashes: Basically the answer to your question is, "no". Making these diagnoses is the parlance of the dermatologist. Parlance of the lay patient is to bring the rash to us for analysis. The same is true with any bump or change in the skin of which you are unsure. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Most bumps and blotches on a newborn baby are harmless and clear up by themselves. By far the most common skin problem in infants is diaper rash. Diaper rash is an irritation of the skin caused by dampness, urine, or feces. Most babies who wear diapers will have some type of diaper rash. However, there are other skin disorders that can cause rashes. These are usually not serious unless ...Read more
Depends on...: The underlying cause has to be determined first. ...Read more
Need more info: Too many types of rashes to help, see an MD/dermatologist to help. Bring with photos along with the who what when where of your brother's story. How long has he had it for, does it hurt, sting, itch, anything help or aggravate, any travel, any medications? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many possibilites: There are many things that could cause a skin rash. Several types of inflammatory conditions of the skin, allergic reactions, sun exposure, insect bites, and sometimes bacterial, viral or fungal infections can cause rashes on the skin. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment. ...Read more
Cortisone cream: You can use a hydrocortisone cream. However, it is important to figure out the underlying cause of the rash. I would recommend seeing your physician. It could be something as simple as the type of eye makeup you are wearing or it could be the initial presentation of Lupus or Psoriasis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Usually either : irritation contact dermatitis or pressure dermatitis so try using pure cotton clothing, apply cornstarch to keep skin cool and dry, and hydrocortisone if actually rash appears. Make sure you get up and move around to avoid long pressure and excess heat. If not better see doc ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell if a rash is caused by an allergic reaction or something else?
- How can i tell if this kidney pain is dehydration or a kidney infection?
- How dangerous is it to drink a beer or so if i take sleeping pills?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i tell if something is a soft lymph node or a cyst?
- How can you tell if you have gastritis is it just a problem of too much acidity?
- If i have a cough is it dangerous to have surgery
- Is it dangerous if i have a fever while pregnant?
- Talk to a dermatologist online