Doctor insights on:
Can I Take Probiotics After Finishing My Antibiotics
Probiotics, by definition, are beneficial bacteria that live in our intestinal tract to help us maintain health intestines and colon. There are several species of these bacteria that are helpful to us including lactobacillus acidophilus. The meats we eat contain antibiotics that kill our natural bacteria that reside in our gut. Today, you will replace these ...Read more
My stomach is bothering me. (i am getting my period & have been upset). I just finished antibiotics & took a probiotic a few hours ago. Is it ok to take pepto bismol after taking the probiotic?
How long after finishing a course of antibiotics should someone take a probiotic supplement? Is it safe to take probiotics every day , sick or not?
Generally, yes: I usually recommend starting the probiotic supplement with the course of antibiotics. If you are not having diarrhea after the course of antibiotics, you can stop them. Some people take probiotics routinely, though this is probably not necessary. You can also help maintain a healthy digestive system by eating yogurt. ...Read more
I just finish ciproflacaxin500 mg antibiotics for tonsillitis.any probiotics to recommend to boost up the immune system?
Not needed: Probiotics have little value and it is impossible to boost one's immune system with any supplement. ...Read more
1-2 weeks after: Antibiotics finished.Get a more detailed answer ›
Should I take probiotics 2-3 hours before antibiotics or should I take them after ? What would be the best?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How soon can i start my birth control pills after finishing antibiotics?
- How long should my uti take to clear up after i start antibiotics?
- Can i take a pregnancy test after my period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How soon after my period can i take a pregnancy test?
- Can i take the antibiotic cipro if i am in my first trimester of pregnancy?
- Can i take a pregnancy test right after my period?
- Can i take tablets for thrush right after i am on antibiotics?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online