Doctor insights on:
Can I Take Piriton And Fexofenadine
Fexofenadine is an antihistamine which is used to treat allergies such as hayfever, and hives. It can be taken once or twice a day. It is a second generation antihistamine and does not cause as much drowsiness as other antihistamines such as Diphenhydramine (benaryl) or chlorpheniramine. Always be careful about drowsiness with any antihistamine especially if driving ...Read more
Antihistamines: Hello, yes these two antihistamines are commonly used together. I usually use these medications in cases where allergy symptoms are challenging for my patient. This is twice the normal daily dose but sometimes needed. If excess sedation is noted then see your doctor for other options, . ...Read more
Mixing medications: Since neozep contains chlorpheniramine, it does not make sense to take it with loratidine since both medications are antihistamines. Loratidine is probably better since it has a longer duration of action and is less sedating. The neozep also has a decongestant and analgesic, but you could take these separately with loratidine if needed (for example, taking sudafed and tylenol). ...Read more
Not recommended: Piriton (chlorpheramine) and fexofenadine are both antihistamines so taking both would not really help you. Taking both would effectively increase the side effects of antihistamines, in this case drowsiness/ sedation, constipation, mucosal dryness, and mood irritability. Please see a healthcare provider to help with your urticaria problem. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take montelukast with piriton?
- Can i take piriton while on warferin?
- Can i take fexofenadine and piritin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i take cheratussin and fexofenadine together?
- Can u take piriton and cetirizine?
- Can children take piriton with amoxicillin?
- Mixing fexofenadine and piriton
- Can i take fexofenadine in the morning and piriton at night?