Doctor insights on:
Can I Take Medication Before A Fasting Blood Test
No: It will not affect your fasting lab results. All the best. ...Read more
BP: It depends on what type of test. You should take your BP medications at the same time (either morning or evening) daily. There are very few tests that will be affected by taking your scheduled medication. So honestly, i don't think it matters how many hours before your BP test you take your medicine. ...Read more
Can I take metoprolol medication before a blood test for glucose?I was asked to fast for at least 8 hrs before the test & wonder if medication counts
Ok: You should be fine taking medications beforehand. ...Read more
Check physician: Typically at least a 12-hour fast is required for cholesterol and triglyceride screenings. Vitamin levels and glucose tests usually only require an eight-hour fast. Following the guidelines is important to make sure your blood sample is not influenced by food or drink.Water is allowed even when fasting. Usually your regular dose of medication can be taken, although some medicines do affect test. ...Read more
I have blood work for which I am fasting for. Can i take the metoprolol before the blood test? Doctor didn't mention medication..
It's ok: Should not be a problem.Get a more detailed answer ›
Eight to Twelve: Eight to twelve hours should suffice.Get a more detailed answer ›
Before: Usually most people test their blood sugar before meals. I would think this is appropriate for you so that you know how much you need to eat if your blood sugar is too low. If you are having symptoms of hypoglycemia even after meals, then i certainly recommend testing it at that point regardless if it's before or after eating. ...Read more
Yes: It won't interfere with your testing if that is what you are asking. ...Read more
It depends on what : Kind of meds you are on.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take an ativan before a fasting blood test?
- Can i take vitamins before a fasting blood test?
- Can i take baking soda before a fasting blood test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i take for heartburn before a fasting blood test?
- Can i take baking soda for heartburn before a fasting blood test?
- Can i drink before a fasting blood test?
- Can you take a anti anxiety meds before a fasting blood test?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free