Doctor insights on:
Can I Take Lisinopril With Aleve
You can but: Be aware that the two medications together may put your stomach at risk for irritation/inflamation/ulceration. You may consider taking the ibuprofen with food, but also ask your prescribing doctor if it may be worthwhile taking short term anti-secretory(acid) medications while taking both of these to help protect your upper gastrointestinal tract. Best of luck. ...Read moreSee 3 more doctor answers
Carefully: Advil (ibuprofen) may increase lithium blood levels by reducing the excretion of lithium by the kidneys. This could lead to lithium toxicity. One study that tested high-dose (1800 mg/day) Ibuprofen said "lithium dosage may need to be reduced in some patients following initiation of Ibuprofen therapy." the effect may be less at low doses or if advil is used rarely. Consult with your prescriber. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
OK if normal kidneys: Lisinopril is anti-htn medicine called an ace inhibitor. This class of drugs protect the kidney but can cause renal failure and increased potassium. Most kidney disease pts take an ace inhibitor b/c it protects their kidneys. It is not recommended that kidney disease pts. On an ace take sulindac cause the combination could worsen their renal problems and further increase their potassium level. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take lisinopril with metformin?
- Can i take norvasc with lisinopril?
- Can i take lisinopril with viagra?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i take lisinopril with nyquil?
- Can i take lisinopril at night?
- Can i take lisinopril with mucinex?
- Can i take lipitor with lisinopril?
- Can i take aleve with lisinopril?