Doctor insights on:
Can I Take Imodium And Pepto Bismol
Pepto + Imodium (loperamide): This should be no problem and often these two drugs are prescribed together. I would recommend that you space each drug as far apart from the other drug as possible. This way the pepto bismol will not interfere with the system absorption of the imodium (loperamide). ...Read more
Effective at which?: Kaopectate basically is pepto bismol (bismuth subsalicylate). Both have bismuth salicylic acid which may have some antibacterial properties. Both are Aspirin products though and cannot be given to children or pregnant women or those otherwise intolerant of aspirin. Immodium does not treat the root cause of the diarrhea but has great stopping power. It wins. ...Read more
We need a recommendation please.
Reoccurrence of CDiff, diarrhea now resolved. However, continue to have loose bowel. Imodium is not working and due to taking Coumadin cannot take pepto bismol. What would you recommend, medication wise, t
Pepto...: Always pepto........Get a more detailed answer ›
I was wondering if I can take pepto or Imodium (loperamide) ad with fluconazole without having a reaction.
It's ok: There should be no interactions between fluconazole and either of these over-the-counter medicines. If you had to choose, I would use Imodium (loperamide) rather than Pepto-Bismol, since it tends to be more effective for diarrhea. If you're having diarrhea, be sure to increase your fluid intake to avoid dehydration. Contact your doctor if it persists. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you take imodium and pepto bismol together?
- Can you take pepto bismol and imodium?
- Can you take imodium with pepto bismol?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How much pepto bismol can i take?
- Can i take tums and pepto bismol?
- How long can i take pepto bismol?
- Can i take pepto bismol with antibiotics?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online