Doctor insights on:
Can I Take Imodium And Pepto Bismol
Effective at which?: Kaopectate basically is pepto bismol. Both have bismuth salicylic acid which may have some antibacterial properties. Both are Aspirin products though and cannot be given to children or pregnant women or those otherwise intolerant of aspirin. Immodium does not treat the root cause of the diarrhea but has great stopping power. It wins. ...Read more
We need a recommendation please.
Reoccurrence of CDiff, diarrhea now resolved. However, continue to have loose bowel. Imodium is not working and due to taking Coumadin cannot take pepto bismol. What would you recommend, medication wise, t
Either, not both: Pepto bismol (bismuth subsalicylate), is used to relieve diarrhea, stomach upset, heartburn, stomach acidity, and nausea. Imodium (loperamide), is used in the treatment of diarrhea. There will seldom be a need for both, but there is no significant interaction that should prevent your taking them together, although generally unnecessary. ...Read more
It's ok: There should be no interactions between fluconazole and either of these over-the-counter medicines. If you had to choose, I would use Imodium rather than Pepto-Bismol, since it tends to be more effective for diarrhea. If you're having diarrhea, be sure to increase your fluid intake to avoid dehydration. Contact your doctor if it persists. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you take pepto bismol and imodium?
- Can you take imodium and pepto bismol together?
- Can i take tums and pepto bismol?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you take imodium with pepto bismol?
- Can i take ibuprofen with pepto bismol?
- Can i take pepto bismol with azithromycin?
- Can i take pepto bismol if im pregnant?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online