Doctor insights on:
Can I Take Imodium And Pepto Bismol
Yes.: There is no interaction.Get a more detailed answer ›
Should be ok if...: If a person had no problems taking Pepcid AC in the recent past for some medical condition, and separately had no problem taking Pepto-Bismol in the recent past, then she should be ok taking the medications at the same time. If worried, she can ask her doctor who prescribed the medications. Sometimes, a brand name (such as Pepto-Bismol) changes its ingredients as the years go by. ...Read more
Yes: They are safe to take together.Get a more detailed answer ›
Either, not both: Pepto bismol (bismuth subsalicylate), is used to relieve diarrhea, stomach upset, heartburn, stomach acidity, and nausea. Imodium (loperamide), is used in the treatment of diarrhea. There will seldom be a need for both, but there is no significant interaction that should prevent your taking them together, although generally unnecessary. ...Read more
Pepto + Imodium (loperamide): This should be no problem and often these two drugs are prescribed together. I would recommend that you space each drug as far apart from the other drug as possible. This way the pepto bismol will not interfere with the system absorption of the imodium (loperamide). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take pepto bismol and imodium together?
- Can you take imodium and pepto bismol together?
- Can you take pepto bismol and imodium?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i take gravol and pepto bismol?
- How much pepto bismol can i take?
- Can i take tums and pepto bismol?
- How long can i take pepto bismol?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online